A treadmill test or exercise test, helps a doctor find out how well your heart handles work. As your body works harder during the test, it requires more oxygen, so the heart must pump more blood. The test can show if the blood supply is reduced in the arteries that supply the heart.
A physician may recommend an exercise stress test to:
- Diagnose coronary artery disease
- Diagnose a possible heart-related cause of symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath or lightheadedness
- Determine a safe level of exercise
- Check the effectiveness of procedures done to improve coronary artery circulation in patients with coronary artery disease
- Predict risk of dangerous heart-related conditions such as a heart attack.
Dr. Ana Maria Luisa Javier -
MD, FPCP, FPCC,FPSE Internal Medicine-Cardiology Echocardiography
Overview: Graduated from Far Eastern University Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation, Quezon City. College of Medicine . Professional Information: MD Since 1990. Internal Medicine -Adult Cardiology Specialist and Echocardiographer Medical Society affiliation: Diplomate and Fellow of Philippine College of Physician, Diplomate and Fellow of College of Cardiology, Fellow Philippine Society of Echocardiographyr
Dr. Paul John Ablaza -
MD, FPCP,, FPCC, FPSE Internal Medicine-Cardiology Echocardiography
Overview: Graduated Cum laude from University of Santo Tomas. Espana, Manila,College of Medicine Professional Information: MD Since 2010.Internal Medicine -Adult Cardiology Specialist and Echocardiographer Medical Society affiliation: Diplomate and Fellow, Philippine College of Physicians, Diplomate and Fellow, Philippine College of Cardiology, Member and Fellow, Philippine Society of Echocardioraphy